CLIDE for WINDOWS represents an enhanced upgrade to the CLIDE for DOS software program. CLIDE is an application program providing communication companies the ability to record signal leakage measurements in a system, calculate the cumulative leakage index, manage signal leakage information and generate the Federal Communication Commission compliance reports.
The CLIDE for WINDOWS upgrade provides windows users with the same great application program that existed in the DOS version. However, this is only the beginning of enhancements made to this program. RTS has improved the program to achieve the following customer goals:
- Provide a signal leakage tracking program that operates under: WINDOWS 9X, WINDOWS NT, WINDOWS 2000, and WINDOWS XP
- Provide expanded analysis of historical information and of leak location information.
- Provide a wider range of test equipment interfaces to signal leakage devices.
- Provide customer requested work order management features and data export capabilities.
- Eliminates the manual process of collecting, analyzing and reporting of signal leakage activity
- Automatically produces all FCC reporting documents at the push of a button.
These detailed enhancements to the system provide greater insight to how RTS has improved the management information system to save countless hours of wasted administration time associated with signal leakage preventative maintenance. These hours become valuable because the administration is quite tedious AND surveys show that generally a higher paid technician/engineer is assigned to complete this work. The details of RTS programming improvements are as follows:
- CLIDE is WINDOWS 9x – WINDOWS XP compatible including the ability to handle all of WINDOWS functionality including installed printers and other peripheral drivers.
- Automated generation of FCC Cumulative Leakage Index Filing Reports to an ink jet or laser printer attached to a WINDOWS operating system.
- Automated additional CLIDE reports requested by customers and developed by RiTel Systems.
- All reports to the screen with option to print or export in a chosen protocol.
- Allow export of vital signal leakage data from the CLIDE system to spreadsheet programs for customized customer analysis.
- Expansion of AREA code to seven digits allowing the input of six and seven digit map numbers or other references.
- Expansion of other fields, such as the LOCATION FIELD allowing the user to track signal leakage with more precise information.
- Interface to CLM-1000, ComSonics, Cable Leakage, PSION, and other remote terminals as well as that of other test equipment.
- Development of a signal leakage work order management systems with the following features:
Work order entry information.
Reports by LEAK SOURCE CODE.
Allow unrepaired leak entries designator fields to be manually changed.
Allow inclusion or exclusion of fixed leaks in CLI Report.
Complete leakage statistical reports.
Complete analysis by TECH CODE.These features make the CLIDE system an invaluable tool to a communication company’s technical department. These upgrades have been developed after careful surveys of existing customers and qualified technicians/engineers. RTS has thoroughly developed a program that will become the solution of the future in all signal leakage preventative maintenance programs and FCC cumulative leakage index compliance programs.